Wednesday 21 November 2012

Cofilmic and Leeds and Haunted Dolls

I've been dashing around various film festivals over the last few weeks.  I had a splendid time at Cofilmic in Manchester again.  Saw some wonderful shorts and listened to some interesting talks.  It was especially interesting to hear the 'Black Pond' chaps talk about how they got their film together.  Very inspirational for anyone considering a low budget feature film.  It turns out it is possible to make a feature film despite what people say.  We came back empty handed but all of my films got some great feedback and I got to hang out with old friends and even make some new ones.  I was especially impressed by the work of 'the hot gulp' sketch group.  I urge you to check them out on t'web.  http://www.thehotgulp.com/

Following that I went over to the Leeds International Film Festival for a few days.  This is a truly great film festival that really draws in the crowds from across the country.  I was there representing 'Saw Misgivings' as well as making my first appearance on a Jury for the British Shorts and Yorkshire Shorts catergories.  I was a genuine honour to be on the Jury and I found it a great experience.  The winning films were amazing and I hope to see more from the film makers in the future.  See here for more details http://www.leedsfilm.com/news/british-short-film-competition-2012-yorkshire-short-film-competition-2012-winner-announced/

I'm back to writing a new short for the Reed short film contest and then hopefully in the new year me and Steve will be hooking up to work on 1 or possibly 2 micro shorts.  I'll keep you posted.

And finally, we have great news from Bristol that the third of our M.R.James adaptations is nearing completion.  'The Haunted Dolls House' has been a labour of love over the last year since we shot it.  Half live action, half stop motion animation, it promises to be our most ambitious and dare I say it, best M.R.James tale to date.  I can't wait to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment